Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify & Stitcher
Part 3 in this mini series... Remember the 'M's'. 90% of business owners fail in 5 years - want to know how the other 10% think? This week I'm chatting about the characteristics of that 10%, with the hopes (and a big big loving kick) to make this your goal for 2021.
A few weeks ago I did a quick poll in my LeadYourDay Tribe. I asked ‘what’s your biggest need right now’ - and the answer that came out top was ‘How do I convert existing leads into sales’. So I decided to do a podcast episode to answer that question. And here we go.
RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY:
Thanks sooo much for listening
How do you get to six figures with your business? It's the same thing that worked 30 years ago.
When someone starts out in business, often their first income milestone is 'six figures'. Most business owners make the mistake of focusing on the product or service, but as you'll see in this podcast, 'customer acquisition' (aka marketing) should be the focus.
Virus fears. Economic wobbles. There's enough stress just watching the news, let alone worrying about your business. If you are not making the income you need in your business, then the stress can be overwhelming.
One of my brave Lead Your World Academy students asked this very question of me this week - "I'm not making money in my new business yet - what should I do?" But instead of giving her the answer directly, I asked her a series of questions, which I’m going to ask of you right now in this podcast.
How do the different WowArchetypes (entrepreneur personalities) market best? What are their strengths, their fears/avoidances and how do they feel about each stage of the marketing process. In this episode we explore marketing from a personality aspect, plus how best to market to client personalities as well. You'll enjoy the fresh insights.
Yesterday I was on a call with a friend who is wanting to grow her business. We had a fun time chatting, dreaming big and strategising. At the end of the call she asked.... "so what about Facebook and all the social media stuff? I hear so much differing advice, so how do I know what to follow?". I smiled, leaned forward, looked her squarely in the eyes and said, "Do you want to know what the real secret of social media is?". Listen to this episode and you'll find out what I said to her!
Discovering the 'Love Languages' was one of those huge ah-ha moments in life. Suddenly it helped me understand people on a whole new level (especially the annoying ones too). This universal tool by bestselling author Gary D Chapman has helped improve relationships for decades... but how can we use this in business? This podcast explores how.
Learn about Love Languages by Gary D. Chapman - 5lovelanguages.com
Unfortunately 'sales' is sometimes a dirty word. Many new business owners (and especially Creatives) find asking for the sale uncomfortable. This episode is designed to get you loving sales!
The second part of a discussion about what it takes to be successful in business in the first few years. In this part I cover the 'ladders' that we definitely want to take.
The stats tell us that only 10% of businesses will succeed in their first 5 years of operations. So what makes the difference? In this two-part episode I chat about business as if it was the game of "Snakes & Ladders'. In this part I cover the 'snakes' that we want to avoid - the common mistakes that business owners tend to make in the first few years.